|September 30th, 2019|
|Single player, Co-op|
Cube World is a voxel-based action RPG with a focus on exploration video game developed and published by Picroma which was created by Wollay and Pixxie. Cube World takes place in a procedurally generated fantasy world made up entirely of cubes. It released on Steam for Windows on September 30th, 2019.
Development[edit | edit source]
- Started development: June 8th, 2011
- Closed Alpha: July 2013
- Closed Beta: September 23rd, 2019
- Release: September 30th, 2019
FAQ[edit | edit source]
Q: When did Cube World release?
A: 30 September 2019
Q: How many people are working on this game?
A: I started this as a small hobby project in June 2011. Since May 2012 we are a team of two developers.
Q: Can I help with programming, graphics, sound, music etc?
A: Thanks, but I want to do everything by myself.
Q: Which platforms are supported?
A: Currently just Windows PC. Mac support is planned in the future.
Q: Which games inspired you?
- Minecraft: Endless random world made up of blocks and Villages
- Zelda, Secret of Mana, Landstalker, Monster Hunter and more: Style, gameplay, overall feel
- Diablo, World of Warcraft: RPG elements
- And many more
Q: Which features do you still want to add?
- Player customization: I'm planning to add player customization whith different faces, hair styles etc.
- Classes: I'm planning to add a mage class next and more classes in the future
- Different playable races
- Quests: A variety of different quests
- Items: Different weapons, armor and other items
- Building: Different blueprints and materials
- Weapon/Armor upgrading system
- Different pets
Q: Is there multiplayer support?
A: Yes, you can do everything in the game cooperatively with friends. I can't say anything about maximum players per server because it still needs to be optimized and tested.
Q: Will you add mining/building/crafting?
- I'm not planning to add mining or digging.
- House building is supported.
- I will probably add a crafting system that allows you to craft weapons and armor from loot dropped by monsters.
Q: How do you create this game?
A: I've programmed everything with C++ and DirectX (OpenGL for the first version). For the voxel sprites, I created my own voxel editor.
Q: Will the final game still be called "Cube World"?
A: Probably not. It's currently just the project name. I'll have to come up with a new name soon.
Q: Will it be free?
A: No. 20€
Media[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Arris City Wide-view
Videos[edit | edit source]
- August 7th, 2019; Cube World: New Title Screen - youtube.com
- August 31th, 2019; Cube World: 16 Minutes of Mage Gameplay - youtube.com
- September 20th, 2019; Cube World Release Trailer - youtube.com
Links[edit | edit source]
- Game website
- Picroma's Cube World page
- Steam store page
- Wollay's Twitter page
- Pixxie's Twitter page
- Support: firstname.lastname@example.org