The Staff is a weapon category used by Mages, Witches and Wizards. Similarly to Wands, Staves do multiple hits per attack. Unlike Wands, Staves only need one hit per attack to land to keep the combo counter. Staves also have the unique ability to restore a large amount of mana when a primary attack (Fire Swirl or Water Swirl) hits an enemy, allowing for more ability use.
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Staves, unlike Wands, which have a much simpler design, have their ends decorated with different patterns like Swirls (reminiscent of their attacks) or even supports for colored orbs and cubes, which can sometimes levitate. Common Staves often have branches with leaves on them, indicating they were made in a rush and from branches, unlike the higher tier ones.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Fire Mage[edit | edit source]
Water Mage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wizards and Witches can use their Laser Attack with Staves, even though Wollay never planned having players being able to do so. He did mention, however, that Wands will be able to shoot beams.
- Since the attack happens where the user is looking at and NPCs perfectly stare at the player, this means that it is impossible to not get hit by an NPC's Swirl and Vortex attacks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When using Staves against a tough melee opponent, hit the opponent with your primary attack once or twice then use the mana you regenerated to teleport behind them, turn around, and repeat until the enemy is dead.
- Because the primary attack for Staves regenerates mana, it is the best weapon to use when focusing on spell use.
- When avoiding an Staff wielding enemy's attacks, it is best to use the dodge key (defaults to Middle Mouse Button) right before the attack lands on you. You can tell when this is by the swirl of fire or water stopping.